Engr. John Ayodele, FNSE, is a distinguished Electrical Engineering graduate from Ahmadu Bello University, a graduate of the Advanced System Technology program of Westinghouse/Penn State University, PA, USA and the Prestigious Power Systems Engineering Course, GE/Union College Schenectady, NY, USA.
A versatile executive and engineering management professional, with an unparalleled history of success spanning more than 35 years in government agency management, engineering operational oversight, strategic policy formulation, engineering design and execution.
Engr. Ayodele is an exceptional expert in power systems analysis, protection and control with experience at home and abroad, He is dedicated to building robust power systems infrastructure with the tools and operational processes necessary to provide a foundation for success, scalability and sustainable industry growth. With proven ability to deliver solutions to complex technical and geographically challenging issues, He has represented the Federal Government of Nigeria, presenting papers at several international and local forums. He is an accomplished leader and mentor in building and motivating productive cross-functional teams to meet and exceed goals.
His career spans over a myriad of strategic roles and functions like; The Director, Telecoms and Postal Services, with FEDERAL MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY, Abuja, Nigeria, The Director, Investment and Sector Development FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, Abuja, Nigeria, The Executive Director, Operations POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA (PHCN), Abuja, Nigeria, The General Manager (Technical Services), PHCN.
Additional NATIONAL ELECTRIC POWER AUTHORITY roles includes; General Manager (Transmission) WAPP, NEPA and Assistant General Manager (Power Systems Planning), NEPA. A few of his International professional experience includes, Protection and Control Engineer, GEORGIA TRANSMISSION CORPORATION, Tucker, GA, USA, Substation Design Engineer, AEP, Tulsa, OK, USA, Senior Energy Advisor, USAID (2001) amongst others.
His achievements include:
Engr. Ayodele is a family man who enjoys playing golf at his leisure. He is a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, (NSE), and has served as Chairman of the Electrical Division of the NSE.
- Coordinated future technology, fuel mix policy and accredited new technology for deployment in the power sector in Nigeria.
- Developed strategies for green field projects and all PPP initiatives.
- Assisted in the Power Sector Reform Agenda of the Federal Government of Nigeria through various presentations in UK, Poland, Brazil and USA.
- Established corporate management and operational oversight for PHCN Distribution, Transmission and Generation throughout Nigeria through the Federal Ministry of Power.
- Provided corporate management and operational oversight for PHCN Operations in Distribution, Transmission and Generation throughout Nigeria.
- Recommended and promoted investments in Nigeria by International Energy Companies in Electricity Generation, Transmission, Distribution; Natural Gas and Oil Exploration, Transport, Refinement, and Marketing and many more